We are pleased and excited that you are considering submitting a manuscript to Cedar Fort Publishing & Media. Each year we publish well over 120 books, many by first-time authors. We are interested in accepting manuscripts from both new and established authors. As the second-largest book publisher in Utah, we have the capability and enthusiasm to make your book a success. We hope to see a manuscript from you soon!
Sincerely, The Acquisitions Editors
Cedar Fort's Vision
We want to publish uplifting and edifying books that help people recognize what is important in their lives, books people enjoy reading to relax and feel better about themselves, and books to help improve lives. Whether or not a book is written specifically to the LDS market, all of our books should be suitable and uplifting for any group.* Our authors believe, as do we, that books should inspire readers to be better people, and we strive to always publish books that are in harmony with that spirit.
In the past few years, we have grown substantially, and we hope to continue expanding as we bring more authors and more great books into the marketplace.
*Please note that we reserve the right to remove any profanity, violence, graphic, and/or sexual content in any book accepted for publication. We recommend you remove this type of content before submitting your book to us.
Reasons to Publish with Cedar Fort Publishing & Media
- We sell our books in both the LDS and national markets.
- We have a skilled staff who are easy to work with.
- Our competent editors will work with you to make your book shine while keeping your voice and style intact.
- Our cover designers are renowned as some of the best in our market.
- We have a great community of authors, and work to keep our authors up-to-date with all that is happening here at Cedar Fort.
Currently Not Accepting
- Memoirs (including missionary memoirs), travelogues, and biographies*
- National (non-LDS/Christian) children's picture books*
- Defenses of the Book of Mormon or Mormonism
- Short stories*
*We do make a few exceptions for the above. You are welcome to submit a query, and we will request the full manuscript if we are interested.
We are currently only accepting electronic submissions. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your book, please submit a query, and we will request the full, hard-copy manuscript if we are interested.
We accept simultaneous submissions (submitting a manuscript to more than one publisher at once), but if your manuscript is accepted elsewhere before you hear back from us, please have the courtesy of letting us know so we can remove your manuscript from the review process.
Please format your manuscript following these guidelines:
- 8½" x 11" paper
- 1-inch margins
- 12-point font
- Times New Roman font (Do not use any font that is hard to read or is stylized)
- On first page, include author's name, contact information (including physical address, phone number(s), and email address), date submitted, and page and word counts.
- On each consecutive page, include the following in the header: author's last name, title of manuscript (shortened if needed), and page number. Do not restart pagination with each new section or chapter. Example: Jones/My Great Novel/20
- Save file as .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, or .rft. It can be up to 400 MB.
Welcome!Ready to submit your religious nonfiction manuscript? Great! Keep on reading.
We're specifically looking for the following genres:
- LDS doctrine
- Scripture reference
- Inspirational topics
- Gift books
- Near-death experiences
Not currently accepting:
- Memoirs (including missionary memoirs), travelogues, and biographies
- Defenses of the Book of Mormon or Mormonism
- National (non-LDS/Christian) children's picture books
- Short stories
- True Accounts of Real Life Events
- Crafts, Hobbies, Design
- Health & Wellness
- Unique Journal Designs
- Family and Relationships
- Games & Entertainment
PLEASE NOTE: You are required to upload sketches/drawings/illustrations of what your product looks like along with measurements. You can upload these sketches/drawings/illustrations on the next page. If you do not include sketches/drawings/illustrations, your submission will NOT be considered. Your sketches/drawings/illustrations do not need to be of professional quality but do need to be a fair representation of what your product should look like when produced. We have designers that can prepare manufacturing files for production from the use of your sketches/drawings/illustrations.
The review process takes around 3 months. If you haven't heard anything by that time, please contact Katreina Eden at email@example.com.
We are continually looking for current or upcoming food trends and/or books from bloggers.
Typical recipe count: 50-150
Please include a 1-page, 12-pt., single-spaced synopsis and a 2 paragraph summary in your submission.
Word count: 2,000-20,000 for chapter books.
Middle grade fiction books of all genres (ages 8-12).
Word count: 20,000-60,000
Preferred file format: .doc or docx
You do not need to submit illustrations, but if you have them, please include.
Maximum word count: 1500 words.
We are continually looking for LDS fiction of all genres.